Saturday, May 1, 2010

WHAT KIND OF PARTY FORCES YOU TO ACT LIKE YOU ARE 4 NOT 40?

I have never successfully pulled off surprising Lance....ever. One Christmas I had wrapped all of his gifts and put them under the tree. The day before Christmas I noticed that the tape kept popping up on one of them, and upon further observation noticed that all of the tape on all of his gifts was not sticking. Looking a little closer I discovered that every single one had been opened and carefully rewrapped. I was furious! Who does that???? Needless to say, he is like a kid when it comes to presents. So when I decided to throw him a surprise party for his 40th birthday I knew I had to think outside the box. I also wanted something very active that would force everyone to behave incredibly juvenile. So I rented Pump It Up. People thought it was wierd, and it was. My sis in law told me it would only work if we had really, really, fun friends....we do.

He was totally caught off guard. I sent him golfing with his brother and then called and asked him to "pick up Daniel at Pump It Up". He never saw it coming.

Then we played hard. The relay maze was a hit. Every couple raced each other, it was close every time. Everybody got some serious burns on their knees and elbows, one person came away bleeding! How do our kids do this?

This is one of the few gifts that I am allowed to show on this rated "G" blog. He wears this shirt proudly.

Not sure if the basketball court was made for 6 grown men, it got pretty wild. I can't tell who is sitting on the ground there, maybe Rob??

If you could blow this picture up a little you could almost hear them screaming. This was definitely fun, and without a doubt memorable. We came home saying how great our friends are that they can let loose and have a good time, anywhere. Happy birthday Lance!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! We would have loved to party with you "Pump it up" style!! Happy 40th, Lance.

    ReplyDelete